NiiMD ARTIST ACHIEVEMENTS: AMBER CLARK






Amber Clark graduated just 3 months ago from Numa International Institute of Makeup and Design Calgary and is already making a huge impact on the fashion scene. Not only is she a very talented artist, she is a doll to work with. Clients love her for her easy going attitude, and rely on her for her dependability and creative edge.



What inspired you to become a makeup artist? 

"I have always been Artistically inclined, and am a visual person and have been attracted to the Arts most of my life. I love working with people, so the idea of transferring art onto people was very intriguing. There is allot of great people in the Entertainment and Art industry in Calgary so I was excited to get involved."

What is your favourite part about makeup?

"I like that it gives people confidence, and can enhance their natural beauty. I love helping a client or model see their true inner beauty; watching the transformation of a client or model is inspiring."

What has pushed you to become the artist you are today? 

"I am an only child, so I am very driven to be successful in anything I do. All my family members are creative in some form, so it pushed me to explore a profession that allowed me to express my creativity."

How did your schooling help you accomplish your goal of becoming a professional artist? 

"The instruction at NiiMD was very insightful. Jaimie Rankin, my instructor was very inspiring and gave me the tools I needed to succeed. The school did a very good job of providing the hands on experience needed to learn the in's and out's of this industry.

I am a very hands on learner, so when I was given photo shoot and fashion show opportunities I was able to really take advantage and use the opportunities to develop a strong network for myself. I have made great friends, and strong connections within the industry."

What is your best accomplishment to date?

"I was just recently published in Vogue Italia with Johanna Stickland - www.vogue.it

This was the first high fashion piece I have had published. It has given me the confidence to take my career to the next level. I am very excited about the future opportunities to come."

What has been your favourite photo shoot collaboration so far?

"I recently had the opportunity to work with a good friend Johanna Stickland , She is very talented and working with her was very natural. The photos are proof that she is more then just a model. Check out the photos here: www.revsmag.com